PRN (As Needed)
Call Required for Medical City Lewisville & Flower Mound ER; Call may be needed 1 weekend per month.
Assist Vascular Surgeon, Radiologist, Cardiologist and other physicians as applicable in performance of quality diagnostic Vascular Sonographic procedures in an accurate and timely manner. Operates ultrasound & Segmental Pressure equipment, prepares patient's room, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Maintains safe environment for patients, fellow-workers, and visitors. Supports and helps achieve departmental and hospital goals. Provides service to all age groups. (Infant - Geriatric).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings and in-services.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients.
• Cleans and disinfects ultrasound room and equipment.
• Performs High Level Disinfection (HLD) on T-Vaginal probe.
• Observes proper safety techniques on all exams.
• Ensures room is properly set up for each type of ultrasound procedures.
• Prepares patient for ultrasound exam - explains procedures, transfer patient to table, position patient and assist patient at the end of the procedure.
• Produces and videos hard copy images in accordance with photographic techniques.
• Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific films. (Adjust equipment; determines proper contrast, density and desired exposure time; positions patient; and selects proper film size.)
• Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
• Maintains stock supplies (i.e., gel, needles, gloves) and performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes, procedures completed.)
• Inspects and reports ultrasound equipment and rooms and reports any malfunctions within his/her shift.
• Transports patients as necessary.
• As required, takes call.
• Assists the Radiologist, Neurologist and Cardiologist in performance of all diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
• Assists with other duties as assigned by the director, assistant director/supervisor.
• Efficiently operates PACS and Echo/Vascular Workstation-Archive.
• Completes educational activities as assigned.
• Follows proper procedure for infection control.
• Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
• Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of Ultrasound procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
• Serves as resource for ACR Accreditation.
• Participates in ICAVL Accreditation activities and adheres to guidelines and requirements as indicated.
a. Must be registered/eligible by R.D.M.S. in at least one of the following: Abdomen, Ob/Gyn. Additionally, the associate must be registered/eligible by R.D.M.S (RVT) or (RVS) by C.C.I. If associate does not hold advanced certification, associate shall obtain within 6 months of hire/promotion or completion of training program.
b. CPR (AHA) Certified.
a. Graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasonography preferred.
a. Previous experience as sonographer in hospital setting preferred
b. Ability to communicate effectively.
c. Integrity to work with confidential information
d. Ability to work independently and handle stress.
e. Must possess good interpersonal skills.
f. Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
g. Ability to anticipate needs of the patients and employees.
a. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
b. Computer and keyboarding skills.
c. Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
d. Strong problem solving skills.
e. Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
f. Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response time and work Hospital Holiday.
g. Must be well trained to handle different ages and risk factors when performing diagnostic sonographic procedures.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and directions by the AVP/Director of Imaging. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently, and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Patient Population Served:
This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients. Employees in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients in neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age categories. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to Medical Center of Lewisville expectations and standards. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
Hospital rooms, common areas, clinical departments, and hospital grounds. See attached physical demands analysis for information related to potential job hazards, and functional requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom