Sonographer / Registered Vascular Technologist PRN
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posted: September 06, 2017
Reference ID: 00950-93965
PRN (As Needed)
Call Required for Medical City Lewisville & Flower Mound ER; Call may be needed 1 weekend per month.
Assist Vascular Surgeon, Radiologist, Cardiologist and other physicians as applicable in performance of quality diagnostic Vascular Sonographic procedures in an accurate and timely manner. Operates ultrasound & Segmental Pressure equipment, prepares patient's room, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Maintains safe environment for patients, fellow-workers, and visitors. Supports and helps achieve departmental and hospital goals. Provides service to all age groups. (Infant - Geriatric).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings and in-services.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients.
• Cleans and disinfects ultrasound room and equipment.
• Performs High Level Disinfection (HLD) on T-Vaginal probe.
• Observes proper safety techniques on all exams.
• Ensures room is properly set up for each type of ultrasound procedures.
• Prepares patient for ultrasound exam - explains procedures, transfer patient to table, position patient and assist patient at the end of the procedure.
• Produces and videos hard copy images in accordance with photographic techniques.
• Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific films. (Adjust equipment; determines proper contrast, density and desired exposure time; positions patient; and selects proper film size.)
• Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
• Maintains stock supplies (i.e., gel, needles, gloves) and performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes, procedures completed.)
• Inspects and reports ultrasound equipment and rooms and reports any malfunctions within his/her shift.
• Transports patients as necessary.
• As required, takes call.
• Assists the Radiologist, Neurologist and Cardiologist in performance of all diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
• Assists with other duties as assigned by the director, assistant director/supervisor.
• Efficiently operates PACS and Echo/Vascular Workstation-Archive.
• Completes educational activities as assigned.
• Follows proper procedure for infection control.
• Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
• Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of Ultrasound procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
• Serves as resource for ACR Accreditation.
• Participates in ICAVL Accreditation activities and adheres to guidelines and requirements as indicated.
-Graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasonography preferred.
-Must be registered/eligible by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®) in at least one of the following: Abdomen, Ob/Gyn. Additionally, the associate must be registered/eligible by R.D.M.S (RVT) or (RVS) by C.C.I. If associate does not hold advanced certification, associate shall obtain within 6 months of hire/promotion or completion of training program.
-Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) American Heart Association (AHA) Certified.
-Previous experience as sonographer in hospital setting preferred
-Ability to communicate effectively.
-Integrity to work with confidential information
-Ability to work independently and handle stress.
-Must possess good interpersonal skills.
-Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
-Ability to anticipate needs of the patients and employees.
-Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response time and work Hospital Holiday.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a state-of-the-art full-service medical and surgical facility offering 186 beds with 24-hour emergency services. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. Medical City Lewisville has been identified as a High Performer for treatment of congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by U.S. News and World Report in their 2017-18 Best Hospital rankings. In the fall of 2017, we also received the prestigious "A" rating from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit health care ratings organization for Hospital/Patient Safety. Medical City Lewisville is a great place to work - and the best possible place to receive care.