Lake City Medical Center
Lake City Medical Center has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care , heart care , orthopedics , cancer care , imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years.
340 NW Commerce Dr.
Lake City, FL 32055 POSITION SUMMARY:
The diagnostic Sonographer is a skilled person qualified by academic and clinical training to provide patient services using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures. The Sonographer may be involved with the patients of the physicians in any medical setting of which the physician is responsible. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Check the physician's requisition for complete information on the procedure requested; refer any questions to the Radiologist before performing the procedure.
- Reviews the patient's chart to obtain pertinent clinical history, correlative test results, and laboratory data and documents this information for the Radiologist.
- Position the patient for examination, explain the procedure, and give necessary instructions for carrying out the procedure.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to its full capability with knowledge of an A-mode, M-mode, B-mode, Doppler, and real time techniques, selecting the proper transducer frequency and diameter for performance of the examination.
- Capable of recognizing a diagnostic quality scan as well as artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures which are visualized on the ultrasound system.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include inputting/editing exams and completion of requisition (taken status) prior to setting images to be read.
- Practices techniques that prevent cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an approved ultrasound program or equivalent education. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- One year experience or training in diagnostic ultrasound in at least two specialty areas, examples; abdomen and OB/GYN preferred
- Extensive experience with available Ultrasound equipment in terms of product evolution, trouble shooting and quality control preferred
Proven knowledge and abilities in Diagnostic Sonography. Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work, computer skills, and ability to multi-task. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
Certification: RDMS or AART (US) Registered (Registry in one of the following: ABD, Pelvis, OB, & Small Parts etc.)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom