Auto req ID: 152262BR
Position Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Management
Job Summary Manages and oversees the entire sort operations within a FedEx Ground (FXG) station or hub. Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment, ensuring compliance to FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
Essential Functions • Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the assigned sort.
• Ensures the sort is running in accordance with established quality and service standards. Ensures that cost and productivity goals are met.
• Oversees or ensures daily visual inspections of loads to ensure proper quality for customers and/or vendors.
• Determines the sort's strategic goals and ensures quality, service, cost and productivity goals are achieved. Plans sort strategy based on projected volume, head count, and other special circumstances and factors.
• Directs and guides the sort management team to ensure common understanding of operational updates and daily goals for the work area.
• Fosters a safety-conscious culture by supporting safety initiatives and ensuring appropriate related documentation is completed as necessary.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters.
• Ensures compliance with Company policy and federal, state and local regulations.
• Understands and administers all contractual agreements effectively, including vendor and Contracted Service Provider agreements, as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education • High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business or related field preferred.
Minimum Experience • Three (3) years management experience or operational leadership experience required or Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area plus two years of management/operational leadership experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure • Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups.
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals.
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
• Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer-based applications.
% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 52 Hickory Drive
Zip Code: 17922
Search Engine Description: Operations
Domicile Location: P179
EEO Statement FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
A little about us:
FedEx Ground specializes in cost-effective, small-package ground shipping, offering dependable business-to-business delivery and residential services.