Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 3 months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is an outdoor work site. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.