Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an SOT Operator to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The SOT Operator is responsible for:
• Processing VICRYL and possibly other products through the auto swaging and winding department.
• Focusing on ensuring maximum efficiency from machine, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and ensuring minimum departmental non productive time.
• Daily, weekly, and/or monthly reporting of all department operations.
• Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and Company standards of behavior.
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance, and be able to support 24 hour, 7 day a week manufacturing operation, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
• Must understand and comprehend the English language, process specifications, and computer functions as required.
• Read, interrupt and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Assess and input data into shop floor systems.
• Accurate record keeping via computer management systems by in putting and retrieving data for production and maintenance.
• Charting, and interpreting SPC information and operational data.
• Demonstrate a mechanical/technical aptitude.
• Performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments.
• Provide limited mechanical and electrical support for machines to include minor adjustments and trouble shooting.
• Make adjustments, based on information generated by the Vision system, to machine through computer terminal.
• Raw material handling and the up keep of associated floor stock and inventory control.
• Ability to work and communicate well with others
• Ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
• Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).
• Must be able to work with limited supervision.
• Must be willing to work with a team concept.
• Must be will to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
• Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
• Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Works in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements. Works in accordance with Ethicon environmental policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to independently recognize and solve problems.
• Individual must be a self-starter having demonstrated creativity, assertiveness, and leadership.Qualifications
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Associate must be able to support 24 hour, 7 day a week manufacturing operation, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
• Perform duties in a timely manner with little or no direction.
• Demonstrate the ability to set up equipment to specifications.
• Ability to perform difficult work when only general to limited instructions are available.
• Must successfully complete a WorkKeys assessment.Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.