At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Sourcing Analyst for the Molding Goods & Services Team located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go. Job Summary:
This position will be responsible for providing Sourcing support to 3M divisions throughout the company, serving as the Global Sourcing leader for several molding goods and services sub categories. This position will also drive sourcing policies and best practices, while helping the sourcing organization meet its cost savings, growth and cash goals by leading negotiations and managing complex supplier relationships. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Sourcing Category Leadership: Initiates and designs plans to implement global sourcing solutions that will achieve measurable business results. Assembles and leads multiple project teams, including new product introductions, to implement sourcing solutions. Ensures project objectives and deadlines are met. Establishes close working relationship with business unit management and suppliers on sourcing strategies and activities. Manages external suppliers to deliver improved benefits to 3M in areas such as technology, quality, responsiveness, delivery, and cost (TQRDC). Performs complex contract negotiations. Proactively communicates project direction and status with key country and/or business unit management. Recommends and influences management decisions in the area of sourcing solutions. Negotiates to resolve issues, implement strategies and ensure client satisfaction. May provide functional supervision, which includes aligning department goals with business unit's goals, communicating vision and strategy, fostering teamwork, empowering employees.
- Sourcing Analysis and Design: Identifies, promotes and implements solutions for complex and multi-faceted situations regarding distribution of business, negotiation, category strategy, supplier management, and external sources of supply. Develops cause and effect analysis and documentation. Develops and recommends tactical and strategic solutions to business unit clients and management.
- Sourcing Process Improvement: Identifies and implements opportunities for process improvements that improve service, speed or cost, through analysis of sourcing information and metrics. Minimizes the total product and process cost by leading cost reduction efforts and facilitates implementation of innovative sourcing best practices. Recognizes impacts on related processes and ensures communication of issues and proposed solutions to appropriate business and process owners.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of sourcing, procurement, logistics, supply chain, engineering and/or manufacturing experience
- Master of Business Administration
- Experience in sourcing molded goods and services
- Strong negotiation skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to execute
- Strong collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to have difficult discussions
- Process orientated
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Project management training, experience and aptitude
Maplewood, MN Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.