Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sourcing Associate, Chemicals Strategic Sourcing in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Sourcing Associate, Chemicals Strategic Sourcing will provide support within the organization with opportunities for executive exposure regionally and globally. This individual will provide input into global sub commodity strategy for NA and will collaboratively support the design/implement global/regional sourcing strategies that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers, with an eye on delivering quality and reliability, for assigned commodities and sourcing groups and the North America region.
- Lead and develop commodity strategies and initiatives and contribute to the success of the Chemicals Strategic Sourcing North America organization through upholding the spirit of the J&J Credo.
- Lead the identification and facilitation of Cost Improvement Projects including negotiating and effective partner development initiatives to find new areas of value for J&J and key suppliers.
- Develop and implement Supplier Relationship program(s) for key suppliers in their assigned commodity groups/sourcing groups.
- Develop a portfolio of supply relationships that deliver on the following requirements: quality, service, innovation and cost.
- Develop and support end to end supply chain analysis of business cases including garnering support from key business partners and weighing financial, quality and service criteria.
- Analyze complex supplier proposals and using decision-making tools and models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations. Participate and represent NA region in Global Market Engagement Process (bidding).
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment) and develop strategies and attain goals for the growth of diverse supplier spend in accordance with J&J's goals to support diversity supplier initiatives.
- Support and/or lead negotiations for commercial agreements and contracts catered to supply situations and ensure that they are aligned with a strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
- Effectively choose tailored sourcing approaches and tools as well as negotiate and implement commercial/contract terms and supply agreements.
- Lead the creation and development of a suite of tools for the chemicals team to support data analytics. Provide ongoing maintenance of those tools.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of pricing models and predictive models for feedstock and other key cost drivers for all key materials.
- Conduct monthly analytics on Purchase Price Variance and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and provide support of analysis for rest of team. Leverage these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Support the development of new products through early involvement with AS&I R&D/Engineering on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
- Drives an environment that leads procurement best practices, policies, quality and compliance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of business experience.
- Strong analytical decision making background.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to effectively persuade, convince, and inspire internal and external stakeholders to gain their support for a specific course of action (i.e. business cases, project timelines.
- Must have analytical decision making background and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 15% international and domestic.
- A minimum of 1 year in Procurement, Project Management, finance, R&D, Planning and/or Manufacturing.
- Track record of strongly participating on cross functional teams and the ability to influence without authority.
- Experience analyzing supply industries, key cost drivers and market dynamics.
- Experience analyzing proposals, bid packages and conducting supplier analysis.
- Experience with Project Management, Six Sigma, FPX, Process Excellence or Lean Tools and business case creation.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.