Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Sourcing Manager – Schneider Electric North America
Who are we?
As the global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric takes on the challenge of transforming the way people and organizations use energy. We are the essential brick between energy production and energy usage. Schneider makes electricity reliable and safe to use thanks to our wide range of electrical distribution and critical power and cooling solutions. For example: data centers, hospitals and stock markets cannot withstand the slightest fluctuation in current quality. We provide energy efficiency solutions to help our customers achieve greater productivity while consuming fewer resources. For example: industry, infrastructure and buildings account for more than 70% of energy consumption today. Our solutions can cut energy usage by up to 30%. Schneider Electric had €25 billion in sales in 2014, and has more than 180,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
What are we looking for?
Do you have a passion for Electronic component purchasing and solving complex business challenges? Schneider Electric’s Sourcing Manager team tackles fundamental business issues such as sourcing suppliers, managing risk, driving cost savings and improving service - every day.
We are currently seeking a candidate with a passion for electronic components such as semiconductors, capacitors, resistors and other passive components and a strong interest in strategic sourcing to join us in our Electronics Cluster team. This position can be located in one of the following cities; Boston MA, Fresno CA, or Nashville TN.
The Electronics Cluster of factories includes 6 factories located on the west coast of North America that are focused on manufacture of products with a high content of electronic components.
· Manage spend of $47M
· Reports to the Director of Purchasing, Electronics Cluster
· Leads the Purchasing activity for our Electronic commodities
· Leads cross-functional teams in performing assessments of opportunities by leveraging Schneider Purchasing strategies, negotiation, e-Procurement (Ariba) and other logistics and supply chain technology
· Contribute to the development and presentation of final stakeholde r presentations and other deliverables
· Runs robust process, utilizing a collaborative project management led approach to negotiate and renegotiate contracts to drive year over year productivity and mitigate increased pressure on market rates
· Key stakeholder / business partner groups include : EcoBuildings, Metering, Sensor In coordination with the Finance group and the Supply Base, coordinate the inputs for realized savings
· Understand management accounts including the ability to assess business unit level cost and performance drivers
· Strong purchasing / strategic sourcing background with proven successes in developing and implementing purchasing plans. Experience with electronics and passive components is a plus.
· Self driven / motivated individual
· Project management experience leading cross functional project teams
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Supply Chain or Business from a top University with 8 years of progressive experience
· Experience in a stakeholder service role such as category management, sales or supply chain
· R elevant work experience related to procurement and business operations, supply chain, synergy analysis, cost assessments and/or operational restructuring
· Superior negotiating skills and experience in working in a strategic environment
· Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability
· Strong leadership skills : collaboration, communication, influence, drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management
· Experience in other indirect categories a plus along with ability to progress in other Purchasing leadership roles
· Strong verbal / presentation and written communications skills working in a complex organization
Schneider Electric offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.