Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Reengineering & Expense Management Department (REM) works in close partnership with the businesses within Morgan Stanley and supports functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering, procurement management and sales and use tax optimization.
Background on the Position
Morgan Stanley is seeking a highly motivated experienced Sourcing Professional to join our Firmwide Sourcing group within the Reengineering and Expense Management Department. The ideal candidate will have experience in Construction and Construction related Professional Services (e.g. Architecture and Engineering Services) Sourcing, as well as experience working in a fast paced financial services environment. The individual must also have a successful track record of managing multiple stake holders with varying requirements while ensuring compliance to Firmwide Sourcing policies and procedures.
- Partnering with our internal clients to provide Sourcing strategies as required for Design and Construction projects
- Performing Vendor Due Diligence
- Managing RFP-s, end to end, from the drafting through evaluation/analysis, bid leveling, management presentation, recommendations and vendor set-up.
- Reviewing scope documents and agreements, as required; providing feedback to project team
- Coordinating/managing bidder interviews
- Vendor negotiations
- Working with Legal and Compliance to execute contracts and task orders, as required
- Follow-up with vendors to resolve contractual issues/performance issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills - advance level Microsoft Word and Excel.
Knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Strong understanding of the Design & Construction world, and specific terminology
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills including strong written and verbal skills.
- Good interpersonal skills -ability to interact well with people of all levels
- The ability to learn quickly
- Project Management (plus)
- Experience with Ariba (plus)
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.