**Candidate must be located in Eastern or Central time zone
- Function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Manage corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients. Negotiate critical program components based on knowledge of client requirements from initial request to contract negotiations and execution to logistically planning and bill reconciliation, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all programs. Works closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. Follow standard operating procedures for sourcing and planning. The meeting planning aspect of this position is based on individual meeting owner needs. Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT:
- Review meeting request and conduct meeting qualification call with client. Complete project timeline and program itinerary/working agenda; establish workflow schedule to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Develop and implement program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers, supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate sites. Maintain knowledge of new destination options, value-priced destination options and promotional offerings.
- Gather all the information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client, including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks, logistical event needs, and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualify proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Negotiate and confirm critical program components with supplier(s) and team, utilizing basic terms and conditions, and/or modifying pre-existing master policies to meet individual client requirements.
- Meet client deadline providing availability grid based on client standards, and review with client and team.
- Track supplier option dates and follows-up with team members and suppliers of program status.
- Review all supplier contracts prior to finalization, ensure both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both American Express M&E and the client, including attrition dates, cancellation policies, etc. Use appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system, and complete all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- Conduct additional negotiations with supplier(s), such as DMC companies, and all other third party suppliers, pre and post-sale, to improve costs, profitability and/or terms of targeted program components.
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations, as required.
- Communicate between Information Technology support and clients for web requirements on assigned programs.
- Work with creative team to produce program materials.
- Coordinate and possibly attend site inspections as needed.
- Work with accounting to complete final bill, review final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Evaluate program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement. Conduct debrief discussion with client as needed.
- Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting; Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Manage overall program budget, review and audit all program related billing for accuracy. Track and report expenses and cost savings to clients and communicate changes on a consistent basis.
- May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
- Work with leader to forecast overall program financials to ensure monthly tracking for actual spend.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
A little about us: