The Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise (TA COE) is globally responsible for recruiting talent for positions at all levels within each business unit and in the corporate offices. The sourcing team supports the TA COE with a consulting model, providing expertise in passive candidate generation and engagement, applicant flow, and market intelligence/competitive intelligence research.
CONTEXT OF ROLE:
As a Sourcing Specialist, you report to the global lead for talent acquisition channels, sourcing, and employer branding/marketing. You are assigned various projects to build the Johnson Controls employment brand, pipeline top talent for critical roles, conduct research projects on a specific market or group of competitors, and drive additional applicant flow through marketing activities.
Measurements of accountability vary for each of the project types, but are encompassed by delivering results in agreed time-frames, improving volume and quality of candidates interviewed, and communicating depth of understanding of industry/geographic-specific candidate markets.
• Own the Processes - take ownership for learning and using tools, for documenting your work, for reporting back your results, and for quickly learning the employment brand.
• Develop Collaborative Relationships - work closely with your peers to share ideas and learn from each other, and quickly build trust with the recruiting team.
• Leverage Information - grow in knowledge of internal and external sourcing channels and use data to make sourcing & advertising decisions.
• Establish Expertise - You demonstrate expertise for the job function(s) you support, including knowledge of employment markets, competitors, adjacent industries, and career paths.
• Build Value From Pipelines - You manage relationships with candidates in a way that delivers back to the organization in high quality and diverse hires.
• Be Professionally & Intellectually Curious - You continually add value by steadily researching new & untapped sourcing channels, seeking the best practices of other organizations, and by networking within the talent industry.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES / BEHAVIORS:
As a Talent Sourcing Specialist you show competence in:
• Customer Focus - You have a disciplined attention to understanding customer needs, building a long-term relationship, and using insights gained to anticipate future needs and consistently add value for the customer.
• Delivering Results - You display a passion to win executed by setting personal goals, assessing activities required to achieve those goals, adjusting strategies as needed, and taking personal responsibility for success.
• Agile Communication - You display excellent written and verbal communication skills and can quickly adapt to meet the needs of differing audiences.
• Analytical Perspective - You consider data from multiple sources / relationships, identify links between multiple parts of an issue, and make decisions or draw conclusions / assumptions that will best benefit the business.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 Years minimum experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications or related field
• Agency / research / third-party recruiting or sales experience preferred
• Work experience in a fast-paced environment
• Foundational understanding of the Boolean search language, and how those search principles apply to both internet and database searches
• Proven track record of developing creative and innovative digital candidate sourcing strategies
• Demonstrated strong technology aptitude - experience with Taleo (ATS), Avature (CRM), LinkedIn Recruiter, and other direct sourcing tools is highly desirable.
• Competence in OFCCP & EEO laws and how they affect candidate direct-sourcing activities
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.