The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing and driving sourcing projects in support of business objectives. In addition to sourcing, this role is responsible for developing supplier relationships and proactively identifying value opportunities. The Sourcing Specialist will work with supply chain operations and various business stakeholders to effectively secure goods and services through contract administration.
This role requires consistent project tracking and communication as well as sound working knowledge of business requirements. The ability to engage internal stakeholders, PSCM, and other functions within GBS is required for sourcing initiatives.
• Manage several concurrent sourcing and contracting projects, ensuring that all customer needs are understood, and structure and resource projects accordingly to deliver these requirements
Liaise with business stakeholders and PSCM, clearly articulating process and project milestones
• Manage internal and external resources to optimize client impact, also working closely with PSCM on executing sourcing projects
• Take a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, ensuring transparency, consistency and fairness
• Support safety in operational integrity through effective supplier quality management.
• Implement and realize value through effective strategic cost management, utilizing best in class methods and tools.
• Partner with suppliers in service of cost management and development of relationships that drive supply chain value for the organization.
• High School Diploma or GED
Essential experience and job requirements
• 2+ years of experience in business, preferably spend management strategies and/or procurement/supply chain, sourcing and category management
• Strong interpersonal, motivating and influencing skills for interacting with team members, business partners, suppliers, and management
• Evidence of result-oriented approach and sound problem solving skills
• Strong technical skills with required proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Ariba, and SAP
• Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload with considerable independence
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for producing and communicating comprehensive and concise reports
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
• Process and quality improvement driven
• Proven capability with data management and control principles
• Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
• Strong time-management and task prioritization skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Detail-oriented with proven ability for accuracy
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Take an innovative approach and support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives
• Proven understanding of sourcing methodologies and practices
• Experience with supplier negotiation and contract management
• Procurement related professional certifications
• Prior global supply management or commodity experience
• Systems integration experience including planning, evaluation and implementation
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP has established a Global Business Services (GBS) in the Chicago area which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to businesses across the Americas. This GBS is part of an integrated network of Global Business Services to support SPU (strategic performance unit) operations globally, providing cost optimization and process standardization, through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies. The GBS is a dynamic, performance-driven organization that deeply values its customers and its people, and seeks continuous improvement in all it does.
Corporate & Functions
[ "28-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.