Power Power Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sourcing Specialist Controls GT oOEM
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Global Product Line organization is one of three organizational pillars in Power Services and is responsible for global volume, profitability & growth in terms of market share, TAS, SAS. The product lines will develop the global product roadmap and deliver a competitive product portfolio to support growth.
They will also manage and plan technology investments, commercialize new products and lead complex or 1st-time projects in co-operation with the regions. The Product Lines will define the capability, resource and industrial footprint requirements and ensure that the regions have appropriate resources.
The GT oOEM Product Line organization is in charge of the global strategy definition, implementation and business results for the targeted platforms.
The role of the GT oOEM Sourcing Specialist for Controls will issue and expedite Purchase Orders and ensure on time delivery of required parts. Availability, cost of parts and OTD is key to the success of this role.
As GT oOEM Sourcing Specialist you will have significant opportunity to demonstrate your creative problem-solving, communication and sourcing process skills in a complex, global and fast-paced environment.
• Procure power plant highly specified spare parts in the Gas Turbine
• Process customer demands, issue purchase orders in ERP (Power Max SAP)
• Issue requests for quotation to suppliers, analyse offers and support selection of supplier
• Monitor and expedite purchase orders
• Ensure on time delivery with the required level of quality
• Negotiation of all procurement conditions (NDA & GT/C) with suppliers
• Support supplier management including commercial and parts qualification, performance monitoring
• Participate in commodity teams aiming at developing the commodity strategy and improving the performance of the commodity supply chain.
• Frequent and close interchange of communication and tasks with engineering areas during product development phases.
• Planning of inventory, support of forecasting.
• Completed electrical/electronic apprenticeship, ideally enriched with further commercial or technical education
• Profound knowledge and several years of experience in sourcing of control units
• Experience in Project Management beneficial
• Experienced in Supplier Management (NCR, OTD, Claims, etc)
• MS Office user skills and experienced SAP/R3 MM (PMX) user would be very beneficial for the start-up
• Flexibility, quick perception, and ability to easily adapt to new fields.
• English in writing and spoken is required.
We expect candidates with solid Sourcing experience; please do not apply in case your focus and experience is on Strategic Sourcing only.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.