Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Sourcing Specialist. The successful candidate for this position can be located in either our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania or in Houston, Texas.
The Air Products Corporate Headquarters is centrally located between NY and Philadelphia and is accessible from several major highways. The 2000 employees at this location enjoy benefits of an onsite fitness center and cafeteria services, participation in Employee Resource Groups, company sponsored events and volunteer activities.
View this video to learn more about the company culture: Air Products: Working here. Living here. Giving here.https://youtu.be/zArzLr34tiA
This position is responsible for supplier discovery and sourcing activities supporting operating plants and turnaround activities. As such, the incumbent is charged with identifying, qualifying, and sponsoring new sources of supply that will bring competitive advantages to operational and maintenance activities. The incumbent will lead the Procurement turnaround planning efforts, developing and executing forward looking strategies that leverage spending across multiple outages. The incumbent must have the acumen, background, experience, and ability to introduce innovative methods of managing supplier costs during the execution of traditional maintenance activities.
The incumbent is required to have intimate knowledge of the supply marketplace which includes experience working with skilled craft labor such as Millwrights, Pipefitters, Instrumentation, Electrical, Scaffolding, Refractory, Specialty Welding and Engineering contractors. Additionally, the incumbent will have a working knowledge and experience purchasing the typical equipment and materials of construction in an operating plant.
The incumbent will typically interface at management levels within the supplier's organization to represent Air Products' interests. This position challenges technical specifications, operational practices, commercial practices and business processes. The incumbent will have the skills and abilities to negotiate terms, conditions, rates and all commercial aspects required to execute contracts. Principal Accountabilities
- Supplier discovery and qualification to support activities at US and Canadian plants.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers on a regional level where Air Products has a presence.
- Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery and supplier qualification.
- Outage planning and execution support (Procurement)
- Work closely with supported businesses to ensure stability and cost effectiveness of supply.
- Bring innovative supplier solutions to maximize value proposition across the supply chain.
- Ensure that the sourcing process is consistent with the necessary regulatory and legal requirements.
- Execute Bidding activities and negotiate agreements to support plant maintenance and operations.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment; incumbent manages multiple competing priorities.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, MBA preferred. Consideration given to demonstrated technical competency in the assigned categories.
- At least five-years managing categories named in the position summary and at least ten years of experience in supply management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior level relationships with key suppliers.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- SAP experience helpful but not required.
- Self-motivated contributor with the ability to work independently through managed objectives.
- Potentially up to 30% travel required.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #22128BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.