Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Kutztown University Dining Services Sous Chefs for Residential All-You-Care-To-Eat Restaurants Job Summary :
The Sous Chef is responsible to c oordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food for the residential restaurants on campus. Job Duties and Tasks:
- Ensure the schedule is being followed by employees and open shifts are filled as needed
- Follow and enforce Company policy regarding Attendance, including timeclock management and tracking
- Follow and ensure employees are complying with Company Uniform Policy
- Schedule breaks for all employees according to Company break schedule
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor when engaging customers, employees, clients
- Ensure the highest level of customer service utilizing the W.E.S.T. model
- Ensure the highest level of food quality by working with the Supervisor and Dining team
- Ensure employees are working safely at all times, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Supervise and participate in the production of all food, following the provided production system
- Conduct employee huddles at each shift to keep staff informed of safety and operation topics
- Focus on high quality, fresh ingredients prepared in small batches in an open kitchen setting
- Track food waste in an effort to reduce the overall impact to the food cost
- Assist in the planning and forecasting of weekly food production through recorded results for each meal
- Conduct ongoing training for new recipes, batch cooking techiques, and production sheet use
- Ensure the culinary team is following each step of the HACCP system
- Develop, implement, and maintain a master cleaning schedule for kitchen equipment
- Assume the lead culinary role in the absence of the location Chef
- Coordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food.
- Provide a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive quality products.
- Supervise and participate in the production, preparation, and presentation of all foods for unit as assigned by the Manager or Chef to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced which conforms to all established standards.
- Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate, and perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidate will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree.
- Two to three year's experience as a Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine or related culinary position is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession is required; this includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems and excellent oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.