Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
Be part of the newest Dining Location on the JMU Campus. The new dining hall is coming along quickly, featuring an array of national brands on the lower level and a residential dining hall, complete with transformation kitchens, on the second floor. We are currently recruiting for Sous Chefs for these new locations to begin working with our teams now to be ready for openings Summer 2018. Position Summary:
- The Sous Chef oversees kitchen operations by supporting and training the Line Cooks and other Kitchen Staff.
- The Sous Chef assists the Chef De Cuisine by managing kitchen production and employees.
- The Sous Chef is primarily responsible for cooking all food orders in an efficient manner, ensuring all meals are served and presented on a plate in an attractive manner.
- In addition the Sous Chef prepares food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
- The Sous Chef always ensures quality consistency by following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- The Sous Chef is expected to serve as an example for the other Cooks to aspire to by continually going above and beyond.
- Also, the Sous Chef plays a key role in ensuring a sufficient inventory is maintained in order to meet daily needs, record deliveries, deal with discrepencies and assist with storage.
- The Sous Chef is highly knowledgable about the proper use of kitchen equipment including but not limited to steamers, ovens, mixers, grills and dishwashing equipment.
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written - able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have at least 3 years experience in working in a high volume kitchen or equivalent schooling
- Must have an extensive knowledge of cooking methods, cooking line, banquets, catering and pastry
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role
- Solid supervisory, organizational and time management skills are required
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Outlook applications required
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.