Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food.
- Provide a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive quality products.
- Supervise and participate in the production, preparation, and presentation of all foods for unit as assigned by the Aramark Executive Chef to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced which conforms to all established standards.
- Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate, and perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidate will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree.
- Two to three year's experience as a Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine or related culinary position is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession is required; this includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems and excellent oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.