As part of GAT’s Sarbanes-Oxley Financial Assurance Team, contributes to global financial controls assessment activities. Performs controls testing and assists in execution of communication plans related to business unit process and control owners to ensure complete assessment coverage. Monitors assessment calendar to validate timely completion of activities. Evaluates and escalates issues to Financial Assurance management team, as needed.
**Principal Duties and Responsibilities:**
· Function as critical point of contact with business unit process and control owners and other stakeholders to ensure that process and assessment documentation is current and accurate.
· Perform controls testing and review, as necessary.
· Participate in process walkthroughs of coverage areas with business units and external audit staff, including monitoring of required follow-up.
· Prepare assessment reporting, including testing status and results.
· Monitor completion of remediation test plans.
· Act as primary point of contact to external audit staff ensuring timely delivery of work papers and supporting testing evidence.
· Support the Financial Assurance Team through effective administration of the controls database model containing risk & control matrices, work papers, and reporting functionality.
· Establish effective business relationships with all constituents of the Financial Assurance Team.
· Assist Financial Assurance management team with ad hoc projects across organizational and functional boundaries.
· Ability to independently own and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
· Strong communication skills with ability to interact with various levels of management.
· Team-oriented with high degree of interpersonal skills and ability to influence.
· Self-starter and deadline-driven.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years relevant experience.
· SOX controls testing experience in an internal/external audit or business unit capacity.
· Exposure to preparation/review/analysis of financial statements preferred.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Finance & Accounting
100 - EMC CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton