Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Company Overview: The companies that comprise eBay make it possible for practically anyone to buy and sell almost anything in nearly every country on earth. Working in eBay means being on the leading edge of commerce technology, while fostering an entrepreneurial spirit with merchants of all sizes who engage our services. eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace and has more than 155 million active buyers around the world. eBay consists of Marketplaces, which also reaches millions more through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,500 cities around the world. Founded in 1995, eBay’s collective impact on ecommerce is staggering, the total worth of goods sold on eBay’s trading platforms in 2016 was $84 billion.
Team Overview: The SOX PMO is tasked with the Company's global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"), and ultimately, providing certification that our internal control environment is operating effectively. The team works closely with key stakeholders across eBay and corporate functions globally, as well as our technology organizations. In addition to oversight of the global SOX program, the team also supports the business by driving and/or advising in key project initiatives.
Responsibilities: The SOX Process and Controls Manager will be responsible for understanding the business environment where it relates to eBay's corporate functions, Marketplaces, Stubhub and others, coordinating management scoping and controls testing, providing controls guidance of process changes and evaluating controls deficiencies. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual and a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and should take ownership of project and tasks assigned. He or she should have strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and be able to dig deeps into details as well as the big picture. Additional key qualities include process-oriented thinking, ability to work and influence others, and ability to lead and affect process change and improvements. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning across all levels of management. Lastly, candidates must thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment, that is energetic, driven and team-oriented. Responsibilities include:
* Providing guidance to process and control owners on the identification, documentation and testing of business controls;
* Assist in the annual risk assessment, materiality determination and development of detailed testing plans;
* Assist in coordinating and facilitating the SOX Audit (working with the stakeholders including, but not limited to external auditor and business owners);
* Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes;
* Coordinate with process and control owners globally to remediate identified exceptions;
* Partner closely with controls / compliance team members within the different business units globally;
* Identify and recommend business, entity level and/or application controls to the business and SOX IT team members;
* Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the Company's framework for evaluating controls exceptions and deficiencies;
* Manage co-sourcing partner's testers;
* Assist with preparing reports and presentations on the status of the compliance process for stakeholders including, but not limited to process and control owners, senior management, executive management (CAO, CFO and CEO) and Audit Committee.
* Train new or existing process and control owners on the internal control compliance process, including testing and performing of self-assessments;
* Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g. PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.);
* Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices around internal controls;
* Assist with special projects (such as process improvements, operational excellence and system implementations).
* BA/BS in Business, Finance or related field
* Minimum of six years of audit experience performing financial audit and/or SOX compliance with a strong background in internal controls
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements.
* Fluent command of English
* Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
* Big 4 accounting firm experience
* Understanding of online ecommerce
* Strong financial process acumen, accounting technical skills a plus
Travel: 0 to 10%