About the Opportunity
Maponics a Pitney Bowes Company is a mapping service company that designs map-based solutions and develops geographic databases to help companies optimize their sales and marketing. Located in White River Junction, Vermont, Maponics serves companies across the U.S. of all sizes, from start-up to Fortune 500.Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
This multi-faceted role will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and maintenance of spatial data resources and utilizing those resources in the technical building and maintenance of Maponics spatial data products. This position reports to a Product Line Manager and is based out of White River Junction, VT.
Responsiblities of this role include:
- Acquisition and integration of spatial datasets
- Spatial analyses, conversion and product creation using GIS software and subsystems
- Perform GIS data quality assessments for completeness; identifying and correcting data inaccuracies
- Data management, cataloging and inventory
- Create products with a focus on polygonal alignment, topological accuracy; and conformance to resource material and product specifications
- Review and ensure product quality in accordance with Maponics QC standards and procedures
- Assess, support, and update procedures for continuous improvement of product quality and process efficiency
- Develop, test, and document application and systems functionality
- Coordinate GIS activities with engineering, internal team members and external outsourcers
- Provide support for GIS application development, integration, and implementation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot GIS software related issues
- Provide support for internal customers
- Assist with training in various aspects of GIS software and database creation and use
- Assist in the development of workflow timelines ensuring timely product releases
- Ensure work instructions are up to date and accurate
- The ability to manage complex projects from beginning to end
- Ownership and accountability for project assignments and personal actions
- 2 years mapping experience utilizing GIS software and tools in a production environment
- A solid understanding of spatial databases (such as TIGER, ZIP Codes, street networks, etc.)
- A track record of having implemented systems or processes that have significantly improved product quality or process efficiency
- Examples of quality technical and procedural documents he or she has written
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- An ability to make informed and timely decisions
- An ability to prioritize
- Technical expertise
- Accuracy of output
- Motivation, creativity, and a "can do" attitude
- An unwillingness to accept the status quo
- Appropriate attendance and participation
- Programming or Scripting experience (VB, MapBasic, Python) is an added bonus
- Familiarity with PostGIS and SQL a plus
- GIS degree or certificate a plus
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.