This is position is for an entry-level Developer in the Charlotte-based digital organization. The digital development team is passionate about technology and strives to build well-architected and innovative solutions for the business. We have adopted the Scrum development methodology and core agile engineering practices such as continuous integration and test driven development. Responsibilities:
The digital development team is seeking motivated, results-oriented individuals with strong technical skills and technical leadership experience. The responsibilities of the Digital Developer include:
• Perform hands-on development work in relevant area of expertise
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
• Develop and document solutions that align with the technical design and also consistent with the architectural vision
• Follow established development guidelines and best practices, and contribute to process improvementQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a focus in IT systems analysis and application program development.
- Graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts.
- 2 years of hands-on development, in course work or co-op.
- Ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices.
- Understanding and experience with any one of the following areas:
- J2EE technologies such as Java Web Services, JSF, EJBs, JMS, JDBC, RMI, JTA, Java Mail and JMX
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, best practices and tools such as Git, Rally, Jira, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a small audience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Experience using ACORD based schema/XML is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD