Overview: Special Counsel is the world leader for legal and eDiscovery services.
Our expertise helps attract the most qualified legal professionals and craft custom-tailored eDiscovery and Managed Review solutions. Our expansive portfolio of services include contract and direct hire legal staffing, the revolutionary SightManager® document review management tool, Concise® Deposition Summary Service and Alderson® Court Reporting. As a pillar in the legal community, we help attorneys, paralegals and legal support professionals find great legal jobs across every practice area.
Special Counsel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Attorney Project Coordinator
is a hybrid role to review documents to identify privileged and confidential information, and support the broad recruiting efforts for the TurnKey Legal Center.
Responsibilities: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Document Review Attorney (80%)
Project Coordinator (20%)
- Reviews a high volume of complex litigation and/or contract documents.
- Identifies, applies document review guidelines, and subjectively codes documents for substantive and privileged information.
- Evaluates technical and legal documents for relevancy. Develops a thorough understanding of factual and legal issues to provide for meaningful and substantive document review under a discovery request or a government or internal investigation.
- Utilizes various technologies to elevate and maintain key documents of interest.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed)
- Interview, screen, and test applicants to determine their skill set and individual characteristics to assess placement opportunities.
- Conduct and document quality assurance procedures for associate candidates.
- Work with other branch personnel to identify candidates with needed skills, experience and knowledge for document review assignments
- Day to day Turnkey computer issues
- Updating "Project Checklist" of paperwork on file for candidates and employees working
- Set-up and coordinate the Turnkey Center
- Computer & Email Set Up via PIR
- Access Cards
- Ensure documents are saved onto P Drive (Coordination with TLC team)
- Test the PC's (Coordination with TLC team)
- Day to day turnkey issues
- Ensure each suite is clean, hang name tags, provide pad/pen for entire team
Qualifications: EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree and active licensure to practice in assigned state(s) with a minimum of two (2) years of litigation, contract and/or e-Discovery experience.
Experience with ViewPoint, Relativity, iConnect, eCapture or similar litigation review and eDiscovery software is preferred. COMPETENCIES:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to review, evaluate and summarize large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform well under stringent deadline pressure.
- Detail-oriented and proactive.
- Proficient with computers and technology including Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and e-Discovery software.
- Knowledge of litigation workflow pertaining to the discovery process desired including Document Review and Privilege considerations.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.