Overview: Business Development Director position for well-established court reporting firm. Exciting legal sales opportunity for a sales professional with experience selling to law firms or a legal professional with strong business development aptitude! You will establish, maintain and grow relationships with key decision-makers at top law firms in D.C. and nationwide. Success requires superior networking, communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to understand and resolve our clients' varied court reporting needs. Our ideal candidate is a sales professional with 2+ years of experience in sales and/or customer relations. Four year degree is required. Compensation is base salary plus commission, with unlimited earning potential. Health/ vision/ dental insurance, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and many other benefits! Perfect position for an outgoing go-getter with considerable initiative who wants to grow and explore the unlimited potential offered in the legal sales arena.
Responsibilities: The Business
Development Director position requires an employee to be able to perform all functions necessary to develop and maintain branch accounts through outside sales activity and generating new sales leads. This position further requires an employee to be able to perform all functions necessary to increase market share and size.
- Develop and maintain accounts through telephonic and outside sales activity as well as generating and qualifying new sales leads.
- Build relationships that lead to sales.
- Strengthen client relationships through client lunches, onsite client visits and phone contact with regular follow-up.
- Develop bids and proposals and schedule sales activities for the week.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all clients and targeted potential clients.
- Network in legal community to develop sales resources.
- Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Prepare and appropriately document sales reports for all weekly sales activity, market and competitor information, business and market trends.
- Enter and edit information in proprietary database.
This list of "Essential Functions" is not intended to be limiting. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
(although not fundamental to the job, these functions are required to be performed periodically or infrequently or may be reassigned)
- Serve as a resource and speaker at workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Serve as back-up staff relief in branch operation.
- Solicit opportunities to speak before professional organizations and business groups.
Qualifications: Formal Education:
- Four-year college degree is required
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Time management.
- Successful telephone techniques.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled