Overview: Explore a career with Special Counsel, the nation's leading provider of temporary, temp-to-hire and contingency search/permanent placement services.
The Executive Director
is responsible for developing business opportunities as well as increasing branch revenue, gross margin and net income. Responsible for developing a cohesive and productive team for sustaining growth and expansion.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for growth, maintenance, development and profitability of branch.
- Prepares branch forecasting and ensures compliance with forecasting.
- Notifies clients of credit policies and maintenance of DSO.
- Prepares reports pertaining to branch performance, market trends, and market plans.
- Guides the business development process, leads the public relations effort, and increases market share by leading and overseeing advertising, marketing, networking, sales, servicing and recruiting efforts.
- Develops solutions to client-related issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Responsible for client and employee retention.
- Oversees all business processes, including, but not limited to: use of Cosmos, candidate recruiting, compliance with I-9 policy, credential verification procedures, follow-up of temps on assignment, job order accuracy, lost and canceled job orders, client terms of service, and credit check compliance.
- Identifies, recruits, hires, training, coaching, motivating, (and terminating, when necessary) branch personnel.
- Sets and reviews staff performance metrics. Conducts weekly staff and training meetings and periodic business review meetings.
- Ensures company policies and standard operating practices are followed.
- Coordinates job/trade shows.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Sales & Recruiting Leadership:
Culture Ambassador, Hiring, Onboarding & Retention
- Lead daily branch sales & recruiting strategy meeting with all colleagues. Strategic analysis of monthly, quarterly & annual sales/client reports, and market analysis, to develop & execute target sales plan.
- Increase fill ratios for retail & POTD lines of business.
- Execute personally and through team initiatives, the sales & recruiting strategy to ensure revenue goals are met.
- Evaluate all current clients for expansion & cross selling opportunities. Ensure proactive steps are taken to secure the business including engagement of internal colleagues and attendance of client meetings as necessary.
- Increase client retention by performing regular quality calls to active clients to identify areas of strength and opportunities.
- Drive team performance by setting and reviewing performance metrics, conducting weekly staff and training meetings, periodic business review meetings, and team coaching.
- Support company culture within the branch. Develop & foster a complimentary local branch culture as appropriate. Conduct branch needs assessment to ensure the branch is staffed appropriately to meet market demand & financial targets, and hire and onboard the right people for a defined role. Utilize Hiring Toolkit & behavioral based interview questions to assess attitude aptitude & experience for the role and ensure a good culture fit within the branch & company. As dotted line supervisor for non-direct reports, observe & assess appropriate business behavior, attitude, areas of development & successes for non-direct reports. Communicate openly and regularly with their direct supervisors regarding observations. Identify needs for continued training and development for colleagues.
- Manage colleagues "up or out" as needed. Follow HR & legal best practices regarding colleague disciplinary action.
- Aid in coaching, mentorship, discipline or termination of dotted line reports.
- Meet & exceed annual EVA targets through various means including increase revenue streams in all product lines, competitive pricing, increased GM%, smart spending (OPEX) including ROI on marketing. Design and execute overall market strategy to ensure annual EVA targets are met through regular SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats).
- Strategic analysis of weekly and monthly reports to design strategies around meeting goals & assess progress. Examples of reports are financials, TAR, Payroll Billing Detail, IWS, product code, top client etc.
- Design and execute branch/market specific internal & external contests, incentives, and promotions to drive results and foster an engaging culture.
- Act as brand ambassador & lead public relations effort as necessary through networking, speaking engagements, and local community involvement as well as client and candidate issues involving high level issues.
- Leverage local and national agreements & relationships to win local business.
- Local market liaison to Adecco NA corporate departments, sister companies, leadership teams & colleagues regarding local business situations.
- Support and encourage sharing of business intelligence among colleagues and Adecco business units to grow business.
- Responsible for reviewing weekly aging report from client services & taking the appropriate action to ensure clients are paying their invoices within agreed upon terms and ensures maintenance of company DSO standards.
- Responsible for ensuring company policies and standard operating practices are followed including but not limited to use of databases, compliance with I-9/associate onboarding policy, credential verification procedures, credit check compliance, etc.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.