Overview: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
This position requires an employee to be able to perform all functions necessary to 1) utilize market knowledge and activity to develop business opportunities and 2) increase branch revenue, gross margin and net income by successfully developing a cohesive and productive team for sustaining growth and expansion.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- P & L Management :
Aged Receivables :
- Responsible for growth, maintenance, development and profitability of branch. Responsible for preparing branch forecasting and ensuring compliance with forecasting.
- Responsible for notification to clients of credit policies and maintenance of DSO.
Business Development :
- Responsible for preparing reports pertaining to branch performance, market trends, and market plans.
Client Satisfaction and Retention :
- Responsible for guiding the business development process, leading the public relations effort, and increasing market share by leading and overseeing advertising, marketing, networking, sales, servicing and recruiting efforts.
Business Process Flow :
- Responsible for developing solutions to client-related issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Responsible for client retention.
Branch Personnel Recruitment, Development, and Retention:
- Responsible for overseeing all business processes, including, but not limited to: use of Cosmos, candidate recruiting, compliance with I-9 policy, credential verification procedures, follow-up of temps on assignment, job order accuracy, lost and canceled job orders, client terms of service, and credit check compliance.
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, motivating, (and terminating, when necessary) branch personnel.
- Responsible for employee retention.
- Responsible for setting and reviewing staff performance metrics.
- Responsible for conducting weekly staff and training meetings and periodic business review meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring company policies and standard operating practices are followed.
This list of "Essential Functions" is not intended to be limiting. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate job/trade shows.
- Delegate as necessary.
- Non-commissionable manager, but still expected to sell and to lead business development team
- Must be effective networker
- Knowledgeable of all SCI service offerings
- Will be managing TurnKey Legal Center in Chicago
- Some travel may be required across Illinois/Wisconsin/Missouri area
- Low branch attrition.
- Positive trending sales and net income in branch.
Computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, printer, car
Formal Education: 4 year College degree
(a) Business development acumen
(b) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
(c) Ability to function and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task, team environment.
(d) Ability to meet deadlines.
(e) Problem solving capabilities.
(f) Computer literacy
(g) Ability to read and understand financial statements
(a) Prior management experience
(b) Preferably have experience in 2 of the following 3 areas: legal industry, staffing industry, outside sales of professional services to legal community
(a) Familiarity with substantive areas of the law. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Professional office environment
- Frequent travel across the branch's geographic region of service.
Reports to: Regional Vice President or Senior Vice President COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.