Overview: Special Counsel is the world leader for legal and eDiscovery services.
Our expertise helps attract the most qualified legal professionals and craft custom-tailored eDiscovery and Managed Review solutions. Our expansive portfolio of services include contract and direct hire legal staffing, the revolutionary SightManager® document review management tool, Concise® Deposition Summary Service and Alderson® Court Reporting. As a pillar in the legal community, we help attorneys, paralegals and legal support professionals find great legal jobs across every practice area.
The Senior Project Manager, eDiscovery Service
s l eads and directs the execution of electronic discovery (eDiscovery) projects and acts as a liaison between clients, sales personnel, technical staff, project management teams and stakeholders to ensure effective translation of expectations, timelines and budgets, as well as project completion according to defined goals and objectives.
This job is remote and can be located anywhere within the United States.
Responsibilities: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides project leadership and directly supports all phases of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle projects regarding regulatory and litigation requests.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify needs and requirements for projects.
- Ensures that needs and requirements are accurately interpreted and transitioned through each phase of project workflow.
- Prepares and implements complex project plans, including work breakdown structures (WBS), budgetary alignment and forecasting, and resource allocation.
- Evaluates needs, requirements and goals of project stakeholders with a focus on mitigating risk and optimal return on investment (ROI) prior to introducing projects into the production environment.
- Sets project priorities and ensures projects adhere to agreed upon schedules and r egularly leads project status meetings and communicates updates to project stakeholders.
- Drafts agendas, documents various materials including action items, decision logs and status reports.
- Develops and recommends solutions to identified issues and areas of potential risk, with a focus on optimization and efficiency.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the search, preservation, collection, processing and tracking of information related to eDiscovery projects.
- Creates and manages various case-specific, end-to-end eDiscovery plans.
- Manages and oversees quality control evaluation, ensuring data is appropriately collected, documented, preserved and protected, as well as the overall quality of project deliverables and satisfaction of clients.
- Evaluates new technologies and stays abreast of the latest technical and litigation trends.
- Introduces new technologies to the company that may create opportunities to provide additional service offerings and/or improve current services.
- Trains teams on newly introduced technologies, including creating training videos and related guides on new and existing technologies.
- Develops workflows, generates pricing structures and works with strategic business partners and teams to deliver services.
- Directly and/or indirectly coaches, trains and supervises employees, including fostering a work environment that promotes personal and professional development.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of related electronic discovery experience working in a litigation support environment in a corporate function, at a law firm or with a service provider; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
One (1) year of demonstrated experience processing, culling, and producing data in a proprietary platform or eDiscovery platform, such as eCapture or LAW and/or eDiscovery or forensic acquisition software certification is preferred. COMPETENCIES:
- Skilled in communicating technical and non-technical information effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects that vary in nature, scope and complexity.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret the principles, best practices and standards of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Knowledge of and the ability to understand electronic discovery support platforms such as Relativity, iConect, ViewPoint, Concordance, Ipro, Summation and/or Eclipse, including familiarity with related advanced analytical tools, such as Content Analyst or Equivio.
- Knowledge of and the ability to create and run advanced queries and stored procedures within SQL back-end of standard processing platforms.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize project management tools and applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.