Overview: Special Counsel is the world leader for legal and eDiscovery services.
Our expertise helps attract the most qualified legal professionals and craft custom-tailored eDiscovery and Managed Review solutions. Our expansive portfolio of services include contract and direct hire legal staffing, the revolutionary SightManager® document review management tool, Concise® Deposition Summary Service and Alderson® Court Reporting. As a pillar in the legal community, we help attorneys, paralegals and legal support professionals find great legal jobs across every practice area.
The Turnkey Legal Center (TLC) Systems Administrator
is responsible for supporting internal and external client-facing eDiscovery applications. Accountable for system availability, performance and service delivery required to meet business needs. Provides advanced technical expertise and high-level customer service skills while maintaining accurate and timely deliverables including, but not limited to, advanced issue resolution, resource allocation and process documentation. Collaborates with Global Information Management (IM), Client Services teams and third-party vendors.
Responsibilities: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Windows Operating System (OS) installation and configuration services, primarily through the use of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for imaging and deployment of applications and related policies.
- Creates and updates SCCM packages for distribution across national branches and delivery centers.
- Provisions and maintains colleague domain and corporate messaging accounts in a Windows environment.
- Provisions and maintains colleague and associate access to Citrix virtual machines and required applications.
- Provides Windows domain support including, but not limited to, provisioning/removal of user domain and messaging accounts, group policies and general directory services.
- Administers various business systems and provides support for ongoing remote projects, including preparing required build documentation.
- Collaborates with third-party vendors in support of resolving complex technical issues.
- Performs system software upgrades, configuration and customization, including planning and scheduling projects.
- Provides recommendations for new and ongoing technology best practices.
- Collaborates with infrastructure teams on strategic growth and quality control planning.
- Continually seeks ways to improve services through automation and scripting.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of system architecture and administration experience with both web and client-based application interfaces, middleware, databases and storage systems; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call hours, including weekends and after-hours is required.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations and/or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (MSCCM) 2007 or 2012 certifications are highly desirable.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusion based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with third-party vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to develop, improve and/or streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply best practices and standards in enterprise-class electronic discovery applications, such as Viewpoint or Relativity.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply best practices and standards in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, 2012 or similar computer imaging products.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate expertise in scripting for automated builds, monitoring and reporting, such as PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply best practices and standards in VMWare and Citrix management and support.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply application authentication principals and methodologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.