More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco South Florida is located at: 12500 Sysco Way,Medley,FL,33178 POSITION SUMMARY:
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a company vehicle over an established route to deliver foodservice products to Sysco customers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on consistent basis.
- Load and unload Van or Bobtail for multi-stop deliveries.
- Transport courier deliveries by driving a van or bobtail truck.
- Use hand truck and load bar.
- Accurately record delivery information including on board computer data and all company required documentation.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for any return product.
- Communicate delivery/customer issues to proper authority (i.e., Customer Service, Marketing Associate, Routers, etc.).
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on assigned route.
- Unload product safely and deliver to customer in designated space.
- Check invoice for complete delivery. Process paperwork and damaged merchandise if any.
- Collect payments if necessary.
- Monitor refrigeration system on van or bobtail consistent basis for safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- 1 year experience food or courier product delivery and multi-stop deliveries
- Pass pre-employment testing (including items such as Drug Screen and Background Check)
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 2 years' local food or beverage delivery experience
- Hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Have knowledge of area and/or map reading abilities.
- Use safe lifting and loading techniques.
- Have interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds of material on consistent basis, repetitive motions, The work is performed primarily outdoors.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.