Overview: Seeking Security Event Professionals to provide security coverage for special events, whether it is short-term or long-term. Be available to work limited/varied schedule with assignments that may be sporadic or on occasional basis as special events arise.
Special Events Security Professionals are not assigned to any specific work site, and must be willing to work at various work sites depending on event assigned, with understanding that commute times and distances to such work locations will vary. Must have reliable transportation to assigned events.
Positions will pay $16/hr.
Job Description: Description:
At Allied Universal, quality starts and ends with our Security Professionals. It's their professionalism, competence and commitment that make the difference. Allied Universal's Security Professionals serve and secure the people, homes and businesses of our communities. The Special Events Security Professional will provide security coverage for special events, and will work a limited/varied schedule with assignments that may be sporadic or on occasional basis as special events arise.
This position will not be assigned to any specific work site, but rather, will be assigned to work at various work sites depending on the special event. Key Responsibilities: In addition to the requirement of regular and predictable attendance for this position, list 5 additional key responsibilities in order of importance to the job/department. Include the estimated time spent on each in a given week.
- Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site
- Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats
- Responds to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
Primary Competencies or Non-Negotiables: Operational
- Provide security coverage for special events, whether it is short-term or long-term.
- Be available to work limited/varied schedule with assignments that may be sporadic or on occasional basis as special events arise.
- Special Events Security Professionals are not assigned to any specific work site, and must be willing to work at various work sites depending on event assigned, with understanding that commute times and distances to such work locations will vary. Commute time to the various work sites is non-compensable time. Mileage and expenses related to such commute is not reimbursable.
- Expect to work varied hours, shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays with limited notice. This includes the possibility of working up to six (6) days a week during special events.
- Must have reliable transportation to assigned events.
- Come to work when assigned, be on time and complete shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Provide a working telephone number where he/she can be contacted at any time. Special Events Security Professionals must immediately notify the Site Supervisor, Assistant Manager and Manager of any change to telephone number.
- Consistently communicate, at minimum on a monthly basis, with assigned supervisor, as to his/her continued availability for special event assignments.
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders, including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- Due to this position having a "casual" or as-needed status, this position is not eligible for any company benefits (including health and welfare benefits and paid time off benefits), except as required by law.
- Special Events Professionals are not eligible to transfer into Reassignment Pool or subject to any benefits/payouts related to the Reassignment process.
- Special Events Professionals are eligible to engage in internal company recruitment process and directly transfer into selected client job sites or other district positions.
- All employees conduct themselves in an honest, ethical, professional manner.
- All employees are properly screened and licensed.
- All employees meet training standards and requirements.
- All employee relations are managed appropriately.
- All employees are paid accurately and on time.
- All clients are billed accurately and on time.
- All contracts are managed according to company and client requirements. Contract compliance is everybody's responsibility.
Qualifications: Option EDUCATION FIELD
- Assume ownership for our company's success.
- Promote and embody our culture, values and beliefs with passion.
- Take ownership of issues, seek solutions.
- Take responsibility, do the right thing.
- Project energy and enthusiasm.
- You are part of a team and have a responsibility to everyone on it .
(ie Accounting, IT, Marketing, Sales) EXPERIENCE YEARS LIST REQUIRED CERTIFICATION(S) If applicable Required
High School Diploma, GED or 10 years verifiable employment history Preferred
Choose an item. Additional Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- At least one verifiable employer or Associates degree.
- No criminal convictions as specified under Allied Universal guidelines and consistent with applicable law.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Successful completion of Allied Universal's MSO Level 1 Essentials Orientation and exam.
- Demonstrated ability to gain and maintain appropriate state and local permits and licenses.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations
Closing: Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Requisition ID: 2016-97511
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.