What you will do
The primary role of the Special Hazards/Suppression Sales Executive is to maintain and grow sales within a defined customer base and geographical territory.
What we look for
- Develop sales strategies to meet objectives.
- Establish contact with prospects and prioritize/qualify potential buyers.
- Determine customer needs and develop a strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
- Price and quote systems installations as well as retrofit work.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed plan objectives.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for the successful closing of a sale.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales.
- Report progress and supply metrics to operations and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assume responsibility, including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years Sales experience in Special Hazard System sales or similar field experience in the industry.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of special hazard/sprinkler systems (design or installation) preferred aptitude to learn applicable codes.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows 7 / Office 2010.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player.
- Ability to build new business associations/relationships and grow the Special Hazards business.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- Familiarity with blueprints, understanding current NFPA 72, 2001, 75, 76 and applicable standards and codes.
- Experience in the procurement cycle within the industrial/mining space is a plus.
- NICET Level III a plus.
- Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .