Special Procedures Technician
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
The Special Procedures Technologist is responsible for working as a team member with other Cardiovascular Laboratory personnel and physicians in providing the technical expertise necessary to perform those procedures required in the Cardiovascular Laboratory. The maintenance of the Cardiovascular Laboratory, in all respects, lies with each staff member. He/she is responsible for providing a safe and meaningful service to the patient and physician. To this end, he/she must be familiar with all of the equipment involved in performing such duties and be able to operate such equipment when required. He/she must have knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, hemodynamics, and sterile technique. He/she must have a good understanding of the whole scope of procedures performed and be able to act in any capacity as required. He/she is responsible for providing the physician with reliable data and results at the completion of the procedure. All Special Procedures Technologists in the Cardiovascular Laboratory are expected to act upon their own initiative in the operation of the Cardiovascular Laboratory.Qualifications: Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiology Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
- Florida state license in Radiology Technology
- Current BCLS certification.
- ACLS Certification preferred (must obtain within six (6) months of employment and maintain current).
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- One year experience as a Radiology Technologist.
- Able to assist in diagnosis and interventional cardiac procedures
- Experience in cardiovascular laboratory/invasive procedures
Keywords: Cardiovascular Technologist, Cardiovascular Tech, CV Tech, CVT, Full Time, FT
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom