Specialist, Asset Protection Safety & Security (Job Number: 024626)
Valparaiso DC - 730 W US HIGHWAY 30
730 W US HIGHWAY 30
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for assisting with the recommendation, development and implementation of safety and security programs, procedures, techniques, and equipment to ensure the safety and security of Distribution Center team while maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Prepares incident reports and reports on information contrary to the best interest of the company. Leads team of hourly Asset Protection Officers on assigned shift to ensure safety and security programs are executed. Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the development, implementation and execution of effective, sustainable safety and security programs per regulatory requirements and Company policies. Implements and leads injury/illness prevention and safety awareness strategy.
- Conducts, monitors, and utilizes occupational health and safety compliance assessments to recommend and implement process/program improvements.
- Conducts individual and group training sessions to educate Distribution Center employees in regards to company policies and procedures specifically related to occupational safety and health, and building security.
- Identifies and communicates safety and security policies and process change requirements that address exposure to risk and compliance with regulatory standards. Facilitates proactive, effective and consistent safety and security programs. Conducts safety and security audits within the Distribution Centers and reports audit discrepancies.
- Supports the Distribution Center Operations team in the accident investigation process. Provides incident and investigative reports which reflect sufficiency. Conducts root cause analysis of incidents to include near misses. Actively participates in all Accident Review Committee and Safety Management Action Team meetings.
- Provides knowledge and understanding of Distribution Center and Transportation safety and security operations to help achieve Asset Protection Solutions goals and objectives. Develops a comprehensive knowledge of Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection Solutions policies and procedures.
- Prepares comprehensive, timely, and detailed incident reports on all inquiries regarding potential and/or actual profit loss, physical security, and safety matters.
- Identifies and reports any information, which appears to be contrary to the best interest of the Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection even though such information may not be directly related to asset protection matters.
- Assists in investigations on all issues identified as a policy or procedure violation or identified as causing potential or actual company profit loss at the direction of the Asset Protection leaders.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the safety and security industry that relate to role responsibilities and functions, integrates them into own practices.
- Assists in the management and development of the Distribution Center Asset Protection Officer team to ensure training on and adherence to policy and procedures as set forth by the Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection Solutions department. Reviews incident reports submitted by Asset Protection Offices to ensure they meet department standards.
- Operates and monitors proper operation of asset protection systems and facility equipment to protect company assets. Develops tracking and trending methods for physical security systems, communicates system concerns with appropriate Company teams to be addressed.
- Maintains a professional image at all times consistent to Company, Distribution Center and Asset Protection Solutions standards.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree in security, occupational health and safety, or related field and at least 1 year of experience working in a Distribution Center other General Warehouse environment OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 year of experience working in a Distribution Center or other General Warehouse environment
- Knowledge of Distribution Center and Transportation operations.
- Experience in conducting safety assessments.
- Experience in providing employee training in the area of safety and security principles.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Bachelor's Degree in security, occupational health and safety, or related discipline.
- Experience in an industrial environment in safety.
- Completed OSHA 30 hour General Industry Training.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification.
- Experience supervising others (including training, assigning work, motivating, and guiding people as they work)
- Experience working with and maintaining security systems (For example: CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion and Fire alarm systems)
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.