Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the Client Audit Director ("CAD") and the Auditor-in-Charge ("AIC"), the Specialist will:
- Participate in the execution of financial, operational, SOX 404 and IT audits, integrated audits and process audits, both domestic and abroad to maintain a strong internal control environment at Merck.
- Under the direction of the AIC, partner with colleagues and clients, support groups, and other organizations to effectively complete all assigned audit work.
- Execute audit programs and work papers (including walkthroughs and sample testing) in line with the established quality standards and timelines.
- Collaborate with the audit team in the writing of audit summaries of issues and reports which accurately describe identified control concerns, associated risks, and appropriate recommendations.
- Participate in department projects and ensure the realization of the specified results.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and independence in the execution of duties with the highest level of integrity and quality. Show good judgment in the conduct of work.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance.
- A minimum of 2 years of Audit experience (internal audit and / or public accounting).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners as well as MCAAS colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of information technology and ability to use various applications and systems.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential to this position.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- CPA or pursuing a CPA.
- Big 4 or Regional Accounting Firm Experience.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement