Responsible for the planning, development and delivery of internal company communications for assigned Pharmacy & Retail Operations business areas and/or projects.Job Responsibilities
- Supports development of internal communications strategy and plans for assigned business areas and/or special projects. Executes against communications plan and updates as needed. Researches latest communications and related industry trends.
- Writes and edits internal communications products, such as memos, reports, bulletins, newsletters, Web copy, and posters. Coordinates production as needed.
- Manages creation, delivery and distribution of effective communications to district and store team members via print, electronic and other communications methods.
- Supports planning and implementation of team member and community outreach events, such as town halls, road-shows and other meetings, also coordinating and preparing materials such as presentations, talking points, posters, etc.
- Creates and manages editorial calendar and distribution lists.
- Develops and/or updates communications standard operating procedures, RACI matrices, tools/templates as needed in consultation with Corporate Communications.
- Collects stakeholder feedback and other data for ongoing evaluation of communications effectiveness; analyzes and summarizes results for incorporation into communications strategy and planning.
- Serves as day-to-day communications contact for select internal stakeholders. Provides training on communications tools and strategies, as needed.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in communications activities at a company/professional services firm OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in communications activities at a company/professional services firm.
- At least 2 years of experience writing short, action-based communications and lengthy, strategic documents and presentations.
- At least 2 years of experience communicating to various audiences (company management, team members, work team) with a focus on internal, electronic, and print communications.
- Knowledge of communications best practices, such as design, development, and management of user-generated content (for example: blogs and social networking sites).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in a communications discipline (for example: mass communications, health communications, journalism, public relations).
- Experience in editorial and production in print and electronic media.
- Experience in retail/store operations or pharmacy operations.
- Experience in healthcare communications.
- Advanced level skill with Adobe Illustrator (for example: including working with the paintbrush tool, advanced transparency, managing symbols, creating 3-d effects, working with live effects, working with graphic styles, adding effects, saving and printing options, creating outlines, and creating flash animations).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.