Eaton has an opening for a Specialist - Cyber Security Operations at Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio or this role can be remote in the U.S. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, Candidate can work from a remote U.S. home office.
The Specialist - Cyber Security Operations will administer, operate, and optimize cyber security technologies, leveraging security and operational best practices. This individual will engineer and implement cyber security solutions to improve capabilities and will play a key role in the Prevent, Detect, Respond strategy to protect Eaton’s intellectual property and brand in a highly complex, global, multi-technology, regulated and diversified business environment.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Administers critical technology platforms, optimizing and upgrading to maximize value
- Monitors critical technology platforms for performance, availability, and capacity
- Configures, installs, and tests hardware-based and software-based security tools that provide network and endpoint security
- Collaborates with Cyber Security Incident Response Team to improve prevention, detection, and response capabilities
- Analyzes customer requirements and applies enterprise IT security rules
- Executes ITSM processes (Change, Request, Incident, Problem management) on technical IT systems at the component level
- Escalates incidents as defined in the established operating procedures
- Performs daily response operations with a schedule that may involve nontraditional working hours
- Works on multiple projects and remediation activities simultaneously
- Consults with Information Security stakeholders to help develop, define, and prioritize work and project requests.
- Provides proactive functionality requirements to Architecture & Engineering Team to ensure valuable, scalable solutions
- Collaborates with business, peers, and vendors to drive robust prevention, detection, and remediation methodologies
- Works with operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Prepares detailed design documents for chosen technical area.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in security operations, network security, or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Deep understanding of end point detection technologies
- 3 years of experience with Cybersecurity incident technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.