The Merck Manuals, (known as the MSD Manuals outside of the United States and Canada) are one of the world's most widely used medical information resources. The Manuals have committed to making the best current medical information accessible by up to 3 billion health care professionals and patients on every continent by 2020 through our websites www.merckmanuals.com and www.msdmanuals.com and our native mobile apps. To accomplish this goal, the manuals have been translated into multiple languages and are being launched the spring and summer of 2016.
This Specialist, Digital Publications is responsible for regular development, testing, maintenance and publication of all Medical and Veterinary Merck Manuals in the United States and Canada, and MSD Manuals outside of North America. This includes:
- Programming and configuring all user-customizable website changes in Sitecore as needed by the Manuals team
- Managing the XML transformation site-publishing process to UAT and Production servers
- Overseeing the evaluation of the user test sites by Manuals' editorial staff,
- Correcting any structural defects in the XML
- Working with the Vasont CMS and Sitecore developers to resolve more complex problems.
- Exporting targeted XML content from the CMS to all necessary partners, including handheld vendors, typesetters and printers, online partners, and foreign translators and publishers.
- Reimporting translated XML content and overseeing the identification and correction of any structural errors in the XML.
- Daily ad hoc and scripted regression testing of the websites and native mobile apps in various languages to ensure that all content is displaying completely and correctly and that all features are functioning properly
- Serving as back-up support to troubleshoot the technical needs of the staff or the global authors that use our Vasont WebLNX and Oxygen XML authoring system.
- 3 years of experience in the computing field or information management.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Be highly efficient on a keyboard navigating the internet in various browsers and devices
- Be highly efficient in using basic tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel and file management within current PC, Mac, iOS and Android operating systems.
- Have foundational understanding of Databases, SQL, XSL, and graphic design
- The candidate must have an adequate home office setup because onsite presence in Upper Gwynedd will only be 1-3 days per week.
- The candidate must be trustworthy, motivated and able to work independently.
- Shell scripting
- Multilingual (with reading proficiency in any of the following: Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, French, German, Italian or Portuguese.)
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement