Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Specialist, Diversity & Inclusion (WDI)
Reporting to the Director, Workforce Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), the Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and mobilization of the workforce diversity & inclusion strategy across the enterprise. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing diversity programs, initiatives and events. The Specialist will also assist with diversity training and leadership programs that drive awareness and understanding of diversity & inclusion. The Specialist will partner closely with other diversity team members to support recruitment initiatives and heritage month activities. He/She will also oversee the planning and execution of diversity events, conferences, Town Halls and programs. A successful candidate will understand the business impact of diversity & inclusion and will leverage key metrics and strategies to drive positive business outcomes.
- Assist in the design, development and delivery of diversity & inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for updating content on select intranet and SharePoint sites.
- Responsible for designing and leading monthly Enrichment Series activities in collaboration with the Workforce D&I Communications Manager
- Partner with Workforce D&I Managers to enhance diversity & inclusion education efforts, including the development and facilitation of new workshops, training, tools and resources (including diverse leadership programs).
- Deliver training designed to enhance employee knowledge, skills and understanding of diversity & inclusion.
- Manage Diversity Analytics, including identifying and tracking metrics, analyzing and generating diversity reporting to show trends and impact across diversity programs and initiatives.
- Develop presentations to advance awareness of key initiatives and demonstrate the impact to the business.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key external diversity organizations and vendors.
- Assist with the planning, setup, and breakdown of diversity meetings, events and conferences.
- Provide administrative and tactical support for Diversity initiatives and programs as needed.
- Support Employee Resource Group initiatives to drive membership and employee engagement.
- Assist with completing annual diversity surveys.
- Conduct research and stay current on Diversity best practices and new Diversity programs and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve or streamline processes in support of the team.
- Partner with the Communications Manager to identify and develop content for the newsletter.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners and stakeholders including but not limited to Corporate Communications, Corporate Diversity & Inclusion, HR Communications, Comcast University, Talent Acquisition, Community Investment, etc.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four (4) + years of demonstrated experience working in Diversity and Inclusion.
- Strong background and understanding of diversity and inclusion in a corporate environment.
- Experience working with Employee Resource Groups.
- Experience working with Diversity Councils.
- Experience creating project plans and run of shows to support programs and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to communicate with various levels.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage & connect to diverse groups and individuals.
- Public speaking experience in small and large group forums.
- Experience working in a diverse team environment with different backgrounds and cultures.
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Must work well with limited direction and functions well under pressure.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across all levels of employees.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, and work some nights and weekends to support programs and events.
- B.A. in Human Resources, Business Administration, Ethnic Studies or related field.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Experience working in the Cable, Technology or Media industry.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer