Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Global Technical Operations, Biological-Sterile (GTO Bio-Sterile) Shared Services organization, is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position in the GTO Bio-Sterile Raw Materials team to support strategic vaccine and biologics raw materials projects and critical site initiatives related to raw materials used in vaccines and biologics manufacturing. Our team strives to not only provide technical excellence to our work but to be strong partners, collaborators and leaders within the large molecule line of business at Merck as well as externally to identify and incorporate new and innovative approaches.
As part of the GTO Bio-Sterile organization, the Raw Materials Team is seeking a highly motivated individual to partner with the Operations, Quality, Procurement, and Regulatory groups to provide technical support for the Global Change Control Process across the network and Subject Matter Expertise for strategic initiatives. For this role, the technical support and projects may be driven by our customers at the sites, other Global partners, as well as within the Large Molecule product franchise portfolios maintained by the GTO Bio-Sterile Product Stewards.
In this role, responsibilities include the following:
Ability to independently provide support for both strategic and supply initiatives for critical Raw Materials used in vaccine and biologics production requiring partnership and collaboration with Large Molecule manufacturing sites across the organization.
Utilizing sound scientific and engineering principles for problem solving and evaluation of changes to critical raw materials used in vaccine and biologics manufacturing.
Interacting with vendors, Global Procurement and Supplier Development & Performance Management to improve the quality and supply of raw materials and to understand the impact of raw material changes to the Large Molecule franchises as well as implementation of new and alternate raw materials and/or supply chains. Qualifications:
- Required: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Biological/Chemistry Sciences
- Ability to work effectively across boundaries to build strong collaborative relation with other internal GSTC partner groups, Large Molecule Sites and external partners.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to develop innovative solutions for undefined problems and business processes to meet the needs of key stakeholders and project sponsors.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in biological/pharmaceutical/chemical manufacturing
- Ability to travel up to 20% depending on site needs or vendor support required.
- Proven analytical and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, using strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence peers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements with regard to raw materials used in vaccine manufacturing.
- Change Execution Management training.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement