Under general direction of the Maintenance Manager, executes effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Executes an effective preventative maintenance plan and schedule for all facility equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Directly supports and is responsible for maintenance, modifications, and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment.
- Maintains the efficiency of materials handling equipment and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ensures compliance for inventory of spare parts in a CMMS environment.
- Keeps distribution center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
- Provides assistance in the configuration, maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Associate is required to work split shifts, nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
- Performs related duties as assigned
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Facilities /Plant Management preferred; requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years related and progressively responsible experience; strong electrical background preferred. Experience in the execution of preventive maintenance programs, disaster planning, and knowledge of diesel powered back-up generators, electric and diesel fire pumps, air handling units and roof top air conditioning units. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working technical and operational knowledge of industrial mechanical components and systems. (Bearings, Pumps, Piping, pneumatics, carpentry, facility integrity...etc)
- Working technical and operational knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic equipment and systems. (single phase motors, 3-ph motors, AC Control equipment, DC control equipment, batteries and DC circuits, NFPA 70e, electrical measuring equipment, power supplies....etc.)
- Comfortable understanding to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Safe operating practice training for power tools and powered equipment
- Working Metal work capabilities. (measuring, cutting, arc welding, oxyfuel welding, tig welding..etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Ability to read, and interpret CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of CAD preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and Manhattan Associates' Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
- Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to operate independently, to multi-task, and to prioritize quickly
- Ability to coach and train Level 1 Maintenance Associates in all aspects of work scope
- Ability to inspect work of all Level 1 work tasks
- Trained and capable of assessing safety conditions and communicate corrective measures
- Ability to make recommendations to improve service delivery based on customer feedback