Career CategoryJob Description
Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS Business System Analyst at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to serve as an IS (Information Systems) lead for projects in support of Clinical Trial Design and Management IS Service. The role will report to the Senior Manager Information Systems and primary responsibilities will involve leading project execution, business stakeholder interviews, requirements elicitation and documentation, market/vendor analysis, COTS evaluations, identification and management of risks, writing system interface specifications, conducting design sessions in partnership with the development team, leading UAT sessions, liaising with the Test and Development teams, providing hyper care, enabling user adoption and vendor oversight to manage system run activities.
Clinical Trial Design and Management is a critical business area with high impact on Amgen's Clinical Study Execution and Pipeline delivery. Information and Technology plays a vital role in support of this business area. The industry is fast evolving to leverage advances in technologies (e.g. mobile devices, EHR/EMR, Big data, Real world Healthcare data, Social networks, Investigator portals, predictive information analytics, simulation and modeling etc.).
Travel: Domestic and International travel of up to 10% maybe essential. Responsibilities
- Provide leadership as IS Lead on projects, and work effectively in a team environment
- Work with business partners to elicit high-level requirements, capture business needs, determine scope, and create timelines
- Clearly articulate and document business requirements, ensure project is executed against timeline, scope and budget
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
- Manage ongoing relationship with business partners to drive satisfaction with IT
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-through's to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions
- Obtain key inputs from architecture, build, and run teams and identifies solution inter dependencies
OR Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
OR Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience Preferred Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies
- Ability to partner with business stakeholders to analyze business need, translate it into System requirements and offer the optimal solution
- Ability to independently lead and manage project execution, working closely with architects, technical SME's, developers and testers
- Ability to manage relationship with wide an array of stakeholders (e.g. business, vendor, shared services etc.), and negotiate and influence project teams to make the right technical decisions in line with business and IS strategic road-map
- Learning agility, problem solving skills and thought leadership, self-motivated, confident team player who is comfortable in front of the Executives and Senior Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage project budget estimates and track cash flow effectively to ensure financial target is reached
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.