Specialist, Security Operations Center (Job Number: 024522)
Corporate Office - 1411 LAKE COOK RD
1411 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for responding to all emergency situations reported to the Security Operations Center (SOC) through alarm systems, inbound calls, emails, and social media. Provides support, direction, and prepares documentation to assist in response and recovery efforts.
Responsible for monitoring intelligence sources including news and social media to identify risks, build social intelligence, and mitigate risks to Company operations through communication and advisories to impacted business units. Job Responsibilities
- Responds to alarms received for Security, Fire, and safety including: Following established procedures to determine the severity and validity of the alarm, providing instruction and support to employees and customers, contacting Law Enforcement and Fire Departments, detailed documentation of event and actions, contacting site employees, other company resources and service providers, for continual follow-up to ensure the situation is resolved.
- Responds to emergencies reported to the SOC through inbound phone calls, emails, and social media including: Following established procedures to determine the severity of incident, providing instruction and support, preparing detailed documentation of event and actions, escalation and notification of applicable resources to assist in recovery efforts (internal resources, service providers, etc.) and continual follow-up to ensure timely recovery efforts.
- Monitors all types of threats and risks to Company assets, people, and brand. Identifies and mitigates these risks through continuous monitoring of news, social media, and other sources of intelligence to determine the potential operational impact of social unrest, weather events, natural disasters, infrastructure issues, and road closers, etc. Creates summaries of threats and recommends proactive solutions including documenting and escalates risks to management.
- Monitors Company employee travelers domestically and internationally to insure safety and security. Provides oversight of domestic and foreign travel assistance programs for employees including briefings and training. Conducts threat assessments and risk analysis of Company employee and assets. Provides feedback on vendors providing transportation and assistance around the world.
- Responds to system support issues reported via phone, email, and ticket process for Security, Fire, and Safety equipment by troubleshooting system problems and recommending corrective action.
- Follows Company Emergency Operations Center (EOC) action plans and supports Business Continuity (BC) efforts by providing intelligence and documentation used for decision making, and communication to the field.
- Responds to customer service and information requests from various departments, monitored sites, and federal, state, and local authorities.
- Operates within the National Fire Protection Association guidelines and also within UL Certification policy and facility guidelines to enable the Security Operations Center to pass required annual UL inspection.
- Provides input and suggests improvement to guidelines and procedures to enhance the quality of service and support to improve customer satisfaction. Active participation in coaching session and self-review of performance.
- Maintains awareness of the Security Operations discipline including Government organizations (FEMA, DHS), and alarm monitoring organizations (CSAA).
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Associate's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a Central Monitoring Station, Emergency Operations Center and/or Support Center OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a Central Monitoring Station, Emergency Operations Center and/or Support Center.
- At least 2 years of experience working with government and/or law enforcement agencies.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Emergency Response protocols and processes (public or private sector).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to work in a 24/7 operation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience responding to burglar, fire, or other emergency signaling devices
- Experience operating Security and Fire alarm systems, such as CCTV, Burglar Panels, and Fire Panels.
- Experience executing emergency response protocols and processes
- Experience utilizing open source intelligence (OSINT) sources to identify risk and build situational awareness
- Experience operating geographic information systems (GIS) to map hazards and visualize risk
- Experience with National Fire Protection Association Codes such as NFPA Code 72.
- Experience with UL Certification Standards such as UL 821 or UL 1981.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.