Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in the United States. As part of that team, you will reside in our IT Global Innovation Center in Branchburg with focus on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our Global Innovation Center in Branchburg offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don't often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
The incumbent will be responsible for Application Maintainance Support and Operations of the business applications within the Application Support Area.
- Responsible for day to day support of the service process defined around a specific Tower, data collection, documentation and reporting
- This role is considered the SME for specific Tower or Towers and Data Management
- This role will primarily utilize in-depth technical knowledge and expertise while working as an individual contributor
- Responsible for follow up and monitoring of business process with the vendor partners
The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven leadership in complex team situations. The position will interact with several levels in the organization and will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous regional and global functions. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven team leadership and IT experience in a diverse and complex global environment. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing matrix environment.
- A strong, demonstrated record of delivering IT project and services to support business initiatives.
- Possesses strong strategic and tactical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analyzes current conditions and clearly defines problems and opportunities. Must be able to work independently and enable/facilitate productive and business-like meetings.
- Must be able to work with individuals at all levels and demonstrate a level of professionalism that instills confidence and inspires trust.
- Ability to achieve goals through others without having direct responsibility for them is critical. Strong people management, communication, leadership, and change management.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle for computerized systems.
- Work independently
- The candidate should have 4 years of relevant experience managing IT Projects and Services.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing resources and suppliers.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent preferred.
- Possession of ITIL, CMMi or ITSM Certification will be an advantage
- Experiences in pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing domain (Manufacturing)
- Experiences on Manufacturing Practices, Supply Chain Management and/or Quality Management
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement