The purpose of the Warehouse Specialist is to maintain key department experience and knowledge that require unique skills and training as identified by management. These unique positions involve specific areas of experience and training within the facility such as receiving, production, inventory control and administration. Warehouse Specialists will be required to train employees, support department supervisor by coordinating and directing the daily operations, ensure specific unique tasks are completed and assist in creating a culture of continuous improvement. The job also includes encouraging a team oriented, safe and clean working environment.
1. Cross train in all departments as required, learning multiple jobs in distribution center in order to perform multiple distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions. Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis.
2. Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment. Interact with supervisors, leads, and work group with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
3. Actively contribute to and influence other associates in maintaining a safe, clean work environment and displaying a positive team spirit / attitude.
4. Perform work allocation at shift startup and throughout shift. Monitor warehouse management systems and equipment.
5. Monitor production and resolve production problems by identifying/locating barriers and reallocating resources. Escalate difficult problems to the appropriate higher level personnel.
6. Drive the Lean culture within the operation. Actively seek to support implementation of and contribute ideas / suggestions for continuous improvement to the distribution processes.
7. Train other team associates as required.
8. Effective communicator in assigned role. May be asked to lead shift start up meetings, interact with customers and/or facility leadership team.
9. Cross train in all departments as required, learning multiple jobs in distribution center.
10.Communicate any potential associate relations and/or performance management issues to the facility leadership team.
11.Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot core values.
* High School diploma or equivalent education required
* Minimum 3 years warehouse experience
* Warehouse, distribution, supply chain
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Knowledge of warehouse management systems and equipment
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
* Knowledge of the operation of a personal computer (PC)
* Knowledge of the operation of power/mobile equipment; may require additional training and/or certification on additional power equipment
* Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
* Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
* Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
* Must be able to perform the duties performed by the associates they lead
* Basic level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
* Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.