As an American Express GBT Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional care to clients of our government accounts. This high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals along with accurate completion of all travel arrangement and special requests.
Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day:
- Arrange routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limousine and rail utilizing the Sabre GDS
- Provide consultative multi-country/multi-carrier routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage
- Communicate visa and passport requirements
- Ensure optimum customer service while maintaining client confidentiality
- Building relationships at all levels and partnering with colleagues on interdepartmental responsibilities
- Research and resolve client inquiries
- Action special client requests in accordance with travel policies and maintain excellent client relationships
- Minimum 5+ years of Corporate Travel industry experience required/Internally 2+ years experience with high performance
- Minimum 2+ years of International expertise highly preferred
- Previous experience with Government accounts preferred
- Sabre GDS experience is required. Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates
- In depth knowledge of world geography including expedient, cost effective and preferred routing options
- Knowledge of Sabre ticketing procedures
- Highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Ability to serve multi cultural travelers and handle multiple clients
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required
- US Citizenship required
*Normal hours of operation for this position are Monday - Friday between 8 AM - 6 PM*
One Saturday a month 9 AM-1 PM overtime will be required at times for this position
Offer of employment with American Express GBT is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Additional screening for security clearance will be administered for the successful candidate.
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 8pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Location
United States>District of Columbia>Washington
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .