As an American Express Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to GBT corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements and special requests. Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day...
- Arrange routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limousine and rail utilizing (Sabre) and other file finishing tools.
- Provide consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage
- Counsel clients on efficient, multi-city/multi-country routings for lowest available fares, and preferred carrier usage; ensure optimum customer service while coordinating client travel policy responsibilities; effective use of computer systems and exceptional telephone service techniques.
- Ensure optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities
- Research and resolve client inquiries
- Use positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
- Coach, develop and mentor more junior Travel Counselors in the team
- Minimum of 5 + years Corporate Travel industry experience required/Internally 2+ years experience with high performance
- Minimum of 2+ years International expertise experience highly preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor Degree preferred
- Sabre GDS system experience is required. Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates, Understand airline exchange rules and the ability to self-ticket using native Sabre formats
- In depth knowledge of world geography
- Mastery at conflict resolution
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Bilingual language ability a plus
- Ability to serve multi cultural travelers
- Ability to handle multiple clients
- Handling multiple projects and prioritizing are essential to the success of the job
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Your shift will rotate on a bi-weekly basis between 7am-10pm EST with a four week advance notice.
AXCESS@ Home (working virtual) Requirements
- AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 10pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately.
- Must have a dedicated work space within own residence that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP's are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP - voice over internet protocol)
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .
A little about us: