As an American Express Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, this person will provide a specialized servicing to client travelers that will require high touch service. The Travel Counselor will join a team of highly skilled travel counselors offering unique level of service, outstanding Sabre and Apollo GDS skills, as well as vast destination knowledge. This Travel Counselor will be accountable for both individual goals, as well as shared team goals, and responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements, and special requests.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am - 8pm EST.The Ideal Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor will have the following:
- Must have at least 2+ years of corporate travel counselor experience; current corporate travel experience is highly preferred.
- Must have strong international reservations experience.
- Knowledge of Sabre and/or Apollo GDS experience is a must Dual GDS is a plus.
- Knowledge of American Express Point of Sales (POS) tools is a plus; RezOnePlus (ROP), Hotel Guide, Quick Exchange, Oracle (Right now tool) preferred.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and ability to multi task.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to manage workflow in a highly complex & fast changing environment.
- Strong knowledge but not limited to International Faring, Airline upgrade procedures, and Hotel amenities.
- Displays highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers.Virtual position
- Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP's are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP - voice over internet protocol)
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement