- Double weekends - Shifts vary between 9am-9pm EST
- 2 days off during the week and will earn 50% premium pay for the hours worked on the weekend
As an American Express GBT Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to our corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing outstanding customer service and accurate completion of all travel arrangements and special requests. Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day:
- Arrange routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limousine and rail utilizing any one of the following GDS systems (SABRE, Apollo, Amadeus or Galileo)
- Provide consultative multi-country/multi-carrier routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage
- Ensure optimum customer service while coordinating client travel policy responsibilities; effective use of computer systems and exceptional telephone service techniques.
- Build and leverage relationships with peers while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities
- Research and resolve client inquiries
- Complete special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
AXCESS@ Home (working virtual) Requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years of Corporate Travel industry experience required/Internally 2+ years experience with high performance
- Minimum 2+ years of International expertise experience highly preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor Degree preferred
- Sabre GDS experience is required. Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates
- In depth knowledge of world geography including expedient, cost effective and preferred routing options
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Ability to serve multi cultural travelers and handle multiple clients
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must have a dedicated work space within own residence that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and AgreementWork Environment and Safety Assessment
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP's are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP - voice over internet protocol)
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period.
Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately. Offer of employment with American Express GBT is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. #LI-SF1 Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .