The Specialty Gas Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall execution of the specialty gas order fulfillment processes as well as providing support, guidance and product knowledge to regional customer service representatives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches products and resources with vendors, including price and availability.
- Providing support, guidance and specialty gas product knowledge to regional customer service representatives.
- Assist customer service representatives with part number research. Request new part numbers when appropriate.
- Maintain product sourcing/distribution matrix.
- Answer and respond to incoming telephone inquiries from customers (internal and external). Interact with other departments to coordinate deliveries and order fulfillment. Research and resolve conflicts related to the order delivery cycle.
- Communicates with supervisor and sales representatives on customer orders, requirements, problems & concerns, and changes.
- Perform data entry onto spreadsheets and other computer programs.
- Works safely and meets the requirement of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D.. One to two years related experience and/or training in the specialty gas industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES strength rating for this position is light. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk to and hear customers or coworkers. The associate frequently sits while operating a computer or use a telephone. The associate will use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.