The Specialty Gas Sales Specialist serves customers by selling specialty gases and equipment to specialty gas accounts within assigned territories. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation and attainment of strategic market plans within assigned territories. In addition, planning and implementing bulk and specialty gas sales training to Inside Sales Reps and Account Managers. Responsibilities will also include acting as primary Airgas contact for specialty gas customers and meeting customer needs and resolving customer problems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for the initiation, coordination, and fulfillment of the complete, specialty gas sales cycle including sales calls, needs analysis, preparing sales proposals, order entry, product sourcing, product delivery and, if applicable, complaint resolution.
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of company's production and delivery schedules using software program set up by company.
- Develops long-term supply relationships through contracts and/or agreements.
- Identifies, monitors, and documents competitive market activity by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Implements specialty gas "Target Account Planning and Tracking System" and provides updates on a monthly basis to sales and product management.
- Meets or exceeds the specialty gas and equipment sales goals specified in the individual market plans.
- Examines current Airgas industrial and/or medical accounts for opportunities to add specialty gas business.
- Acts as a sourcing and technical resource for retail sales associates (inside and outside).
- Helps identify and converts current Airgas industrial and/or medical accounts for opportunities to add specialty gas business.
- Works with the specialty gas product manager to coordinate the procurement and trucking of product to branch and/or customers.
- Works with regional company product manager and ASG management to identify and to develop new products and/or service to meet changing customer and market requirements.
- Attends and participates in specialty gas and equipment training sessions and seminars.
- Assists distribution salespeople where needed.
- Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Chemistry, Engineering or related field required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
- Working knowledge of specialty gas pure gas and mixture production methods.
- Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is essential.
- Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
- Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Computers Unlimited (CU) a definite plus.
- Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
- Excellent presentation and good negotiating and public speaking skills.
- General knowledge of analytical and process control markets and applications.
- Proven experience calling on laboratory and technical personnel.
- Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills with ability to follow through until completion.
- Must be detail oriented with strong customer focus
- Must be able to touch type using standard computer keyboard
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups in a business setting.
- Able to use a calculator to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free work place.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally must work in outside weather conditions and in moderately noisy conditions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.