About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Job Focus: Specialty Healthcare Representatives drive sales and formulary access within assigned major institutions and with specialists in the district. They possess in-depth expertise in assigned Therapeutic Area, including advanced selling skills, in-depth knowledge of managed care, business, competitors and disease state. SHRs are responsible for the development of KOL and Key Influencer customers, leveraging these professional relationships to influence District/Regional/National performance.
Territory Optimization - Awareness of internal and external environment (physician
referrals, clinical coordinator preferences as it relates to interface with third party support,
third party payer dynamics, etc.) and its impact on territory product sales. Collaborate
with CGC colleagues to execute national and regional payer strategy. Analyze the marketplace and physicians to determine the impact on this regional territory and national sales goal.
Recognize opportunities and execute strategies to increase business.
• Representative has significant cross-functional account team interactions and partnerships
o Brand Teams / Payer Marketing / Channel Accounts / Specialty Pharmacy
• Has a deep understanding of the business drivers, accounts and customers
o Reimbursement models - ability to navigate complex reimbursement environment including in office patient access support, Prior Authorization and benefits investigation, call centers/Hub, etc.
• Reps collaborate to manage payer relationships, deliver product presentations and ultimately assure payer coverage of products.
• Large territory management requiring greater planning and organizational skills as well as greater knowledge and understanding of compliance policies
Selling Skills & Customer Value Delivery - Increase sales and market share for the company
products as well as enhance the company image in the marketplace by continuously focusing
on customers' needs and positioning our products and services to best meet those needs.
Effectively communicate with customers; provide immediate follow up on service
requests, deliver high-impact sales presentations, and demonstrate a best in class level of
technical knowledge. Effectively utilize marketing materials, programs, as well as other
company services to educate customers, build meaningful relationships, and drive
• Demonstrates Exceptional Customer Focused Selling Skills by creating dialogue based on investigative conversations that leads to customer expanding awareness into various options for patients.
o Solution focused rather than promotion focused
o Increases credibility and value to customer by identifying individual customer needs
• Deep understanding of the comprehensive treatment of a Rare Disease
o Diagnosing and Treating Physicians
o Specialty pharmacies
o Patient Groups and advisory groups
o Nurse trainers
• Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders to ensure patient training and adherence
o HCP, SP, & nurses
o Conducts educational programs in a compliant manner to educate on therapeutic classes
• Health Economics (outcomes, pricing) understanding:
o Certain therapies have significant cost and attract greater reimbursement scrutiny
o Certain prescriptions are more valuable to the organization based on contracting and rebates negotiated
Team Contribution - Support teammates by facilitating and leading in team problem
solving. Share information and look for ways to help gain better access for teammates.
Act as a resource to the national team by educating and mentoring teammates.
Collaborate with team leader to access other internal and external stakeholders to
customize services for customers.
• Seeks out the perspectives and talents of other key colleagues within Rare Disease to impact sales results; leads the team in establishing strong business relationships with key specialists.
• Leads District/Franchise in Champion Roles for key business drivers
o Managed Care
o Brand Strategy
o Selling Skills
Business Acumen - Utilizes knowledge of key market drivers and customer needs to appropriately position the company resources to drive ROI.
• Has a clear understanding of the organizational goals and aligns territory goals to maximize franchise and Rare Disease revenue goals.
o Business ownership approach/ROI focus
• Franchise owner mentality
• Single Accountability for Business
• Optimization of time and resources
• Understanding market dynamics to maximize value of patient and coordination of all services to obtain and retain that patient on product and service
• Direct Coordination between KOLs / Medical / Marketing /Sales
o Demonstrates high level of Emotional Intelligence and Situational Awareness when interacting with KOL's
• Advanced skill in managing budgets for large geographic territories
San Antonio SHR - Rare Diseases - GIP - this territory includes San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, The Rio Grande Valley and Corpus Christi with a focus on Pediatric Endocrinologists & Pituitary Treating Adult Endocrinologists. The SHR will cover major teaching institutions within those geographies. The territory will require 33% travel.
SHR's - Rare Disease drive sales, meet customer needs and provide high level service with assigned major institutions, specialists and treatment centers in the region. They possess in-depth expertise in assigned Therapeutic Area, including advanced selling skills, conflict resolution, in-depth knowledge of payer and market issues, brand third party service offerings, competitors and disease state. SHR's are responsible for commercial communication and contact with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Prescribing Physicians, and their allied patient support staff. SHRs collaboratively work with CGC colleagues to execute national and regional payer strategy. They collaborate to manage payer relationships, deliver product presentations and ultimately assure payer coverage of products.
• BS/BA Degree Required
• 5 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience strongly preferred with demonstrated leadership across peer groups with experienced selling in a specialized market.
• Must be a current Healthcare Representative in good standing with a history of sales success, strong territory management skills, outstanding communications skills, as well as demonstrated teamwork, leadership ability and accountability.
• Demonstrated track record of assessing account needs and bringing relevant cross-functional appropriate tools and resources to drive performance
• Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, cross functional leadership, collaboration and effective utilization of available resources to drive performance
• Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to the company long range technology model in bringing the company information to market.
• Consistently follows and supports company policies
• Must have effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, and the ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas.
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary.
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Live within the San Antonio or Austin Area
• Travel is 30 - 40%
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must
have authorization to work for the company in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to the company to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to the company and the specific job and/or work site. the company may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining,
maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for the company in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should
the company support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and the company.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.